Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Nothing more...

So this is what I’ve come to be,
Silver thorns and rugged dreams,
You’ve taken more than I can give,
Reason torn to make believe,

The cup of bland bloody tea at a generous morning,
The occasional smoke
Leaves a bad taste in
The distance that separates my dreams,

Little things that never mattered,
Creep up into life,
Where living in the shadows
Was never an option

The choice we have
Is a lie
That needs to grow
Until they read at your last rites,

Searching for that perfect camouflage,
Staring big in your face,
Company and the noise
Only made matters worse,

Sacrificed so much to see,
The difference in between
A soaring kite and a flying bird,

So I wished for a lot of things,
Someone else’s wish came true,
And I was happy,
For there was nothing more to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment