Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Unidirectional...


Today I outran an old man to the bus door,
He stared in disbelief as if but seemed an usual chore,
A million stories in his eye I could see,
That the veteran had to say to me,

But was I too far ahead?

His lips were pale, hi knees weak,
There was music to forget my grief
And go on like wild horses may
While he had just a few words to say,

He looked familiar, I grin that I knew, somewhere close, someone’s wish came true,

Time passes by and you wonder,
Were those thoughts really a blunder?
Some years behind and I could see,
That old man just had to be me,

Never fall, never fail, never look behind, for all the happiness you will see will make you sad,

Rain and sunshine come to linger,
The songs get oblivious of the singer,
And the bus travels past like breeze,
Life... just feels like grease...

To be or not to be never was the question... how can fate be ever questionable.

His hair was grey, his skin not ironed,
His tie a little loose, shoulders seem burdened,
A leafless tree after several storms,
Something got lost fighting the sensible norms,

So I thought I was wise, came home to my mirror, smiled at the things ahead, but his face I couldn’t forget,

He once must have thought things were well ahead,
But his words are still unsaid,

All I believe he wanted to say...

Son! Go as you like but don’t you die,
Before someone calls your name and whispers a loving goodbye...

No comments:

Post a Comment